You know the saying "An apple a day keeps the doctor away?" Well, I hope that is true with smushed baby food apples. Graham went to the doctor three times in the last two weeks. As you all know, two weeks ago it was for an eye infection. Last Tuesday, his eye was better but he was still sickly. The doctor said there was nothing we could do and colds could last a couple of weeks, but by Friday, he was worse and the nurse told us to bring him in to see the doctor. Since Graham was still spitting up entire bottles and had other issues (I called it the week of body fluids), the doctor put him on some "pre-digested" formula for a few days. (On a positive note, his congestion was much better.) Basically, it is supposed to be easy to digest. He hated it and would only drink an ounce or two a time. I gave him some Pedialyte on Sunday and he looked so confused to be drinking something fruit flavored! At Tuesday's visit, he weighed 13 lb 6 oz and by Friday he weighed 13 lb 7 oz. He had been gaining half a pound a week so you can see there was a big difference. So far, he is still spitting up one bottle a day projectile style, usually in the morning when we are trying to get ready for work. He is just now getting his appetite back. Here is a picture of Graham in his "doomed" pajamas. They happen to be some of my favorites because they are so cute but every single time he wears them there is some kind of leak or explosion that causes him to be changed. I told Brian I wanted to get a picture of him in them before he outgrew them and sure enough I think he threw up in his car seat not long after this picture. (By the way, he has done that twice this week, and it is the worst thing to clean up. I now know how to disassemble a carseat for washing.)

Saturday morning he had an appointment for his 3 month pictures. Brian said we should cancel since he had already thrown up twice that morning but I said we had an appointment and we were going. I had not taken him the previous weekend because of the same issue. It was a horrible experience. Somehow we managed to get through it without getting body fluids on any of us, but they were an hour behind and it was packed. It took two tries (first time he would not stop crying so we took a break), but we got some really sweet pictures. I'm really glad we have them to commememorate him turning 3 months old on May 2!
Love the "Doomed" outfit! That made me laugh out loud! I enjoyed all of your updates! Glad Graham is feeling better, too.
ReplyDelete