Thursday, May 27, 2010

Beach Babe

Last weekend Graham went on his first vacation to the beach. We all had a good time on our first trip as a family. Since Graham is so little, we didn't spend much time on the beach but were blessed with good weather and lots of shade in the morning since our condo building was tall. We didn't get him in the sand either, but did plan to try out the pool. Mommy wanted to see how Graham would react in a giant bathtub, but he fell asleep on the day we were going to try.

I have not been to Panama City since I was a kid. A giant open air mall called Pier Park is now where Miracle Strip used to be and there is a small section of rides with a sign that says "Miracle Strip." I wish I had gotten a picture of it. I must say I think I prefer the beaches and outlet malls at Destin (my sweet husband did take me shopping in Destin one day), but did love the restaurant selection at Pier Park. Pier Park also has a German icecream/candy shop with the best icecream and waffle cones we have ever eaten. (Papa, you missed out.)

On Friday night, Graham had a good time staying up late. He was WIRED. He was laughing, cooing, and rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time! He did it one other time on the trip but has not done it since that we are aware. Unfortunatley, Graham came down with a stomach bug on the day we came home from the beach. His Daddy paid for his own spit-up issues as a baby...at one rest break, we had to feed Graham who then projectiled all over Daddy while he was putting him back in the car. Oh well, at least we were on our way home and not our way down!

Graham got lots of attention on this trip. We could hear people whisper "look at the baby" as we walked by them and one lady even stopped us on the beach to take his picture because he was so cute. When you see the pictures below, you'll know why!

First trip down to the beach...





Just rolled over for the first time...and decided to roll back!


Second trip down to the beach...





No comments:

Post a Comment