Sometimes I try to read to Graham when we are just hanging out in his nursery. I want him to love books and reading. He's never paid much attention to my reading and I think a lot of the sappy children's books we have usually just make mommy tear up instead of entertain him. Today I wanted to read one he had never heard before...one that wasn't sappy. I ended up picking
Old McDonald. He did not take his eyes of of me making all of those silly sounds! I felt stupid, but it was the most attention he has ever paid to my reading so it encouraged me to keep going. I'm not sure it is fair to say it is his favorite book since it is more of a song. Also, this book does it a little differently than I remember growing up. On each verse, you go back through all the animal sounds you have already done in reverse order. Something tells me this is quite possibly the way it is really supposed to go but my family didn't want to go through all of that when I was a kid so we just did one animal noise per verse. =) Ee I Ee I O!
I don't really have a cute picture to go with this story (and I'm sure the visual of me acting a fool is almost entertainment enough for you all) but here is a picture of Graham in his first polo. It is actually a romper...

No comments:
Post a Comment