Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Birthdays

Brian and I hosted the Franks family for the March birthday celebration. This was the first time for us to host a meal at our new house. (Yes, we have almost lived here a year, but I was immediately pregnant and not feeling well and then we started remodeling.) Everyone loved the delicious food that I spent hours preparing. =) People that know me well just read that and went "What? Leah cooked?" Of course I am kidding. We had Ashley Mac's and it was wonderful...chicken tetrazzini, Baby Bleu salad, sour cream biscuits, and strawberry cake. I've blogged about their strawberry cake and how good it is before, but you must try the sour cream biscuits too. It was also our first time to try one of their salads and I loved the toasted almonds and the poppy seed vinaigrette dressing.

I was excited to get to use all of my new dishes for the first time. I loved the way they looked on the table. Imagine it with real dining room furniture and tan walls. Also, I LOVE Easter and had fun decorating with bunnies and eggs. I'm sad that I forgot to take a picture of the food. My mother has been giving me these beautiful serving pieces for years that I finally got to use.





Graham got dressed up for the occasion. We realized that he has very few clothes that don't look like pajamas.

Here is the traditional group shot. We missed you, Aunt Ginny!

Happy Birthday, Eric and Douglas!

No comments:

Post a Comment