Saturday, January 22, 2011

First Big Boy Shoes

Graham got his first pair of big boy shoes today. Actually, he got two pairs. We have to have hard soled shoes now that we are moving up to Busy Bees and will be going on the playground. Mommy took her camera thinking she'd get cute pictures of his foot being measured for the first time, etc. However, the rest of the entire city decided to buy shoes for their kids today so that tiny little shoe store was packed and it felt more like a visit to the New York Stock Exchange. Now, I've never been to the stock exchange, but I've seen movies and today's chaos is what I imagine it must be like. OK, so maybe I am exaggerating a little, but you get the point. I felt very rushed and totally missed the sales person putting the first pair of shoes on him while trying to browse. Luckily, I am pleased with our purchases and think they will look cute with most daycare outfits. We also learned that a child's foot grows about half a size every 3 months or so and that they think a lot of those tiny little shoes. We realized that all the money we will save when we move from formula to milk will now go to buy shoes. But, it's worth it. =)

Graham also tried whole organic milk for the first time today. He tried it in a sippy cup and didn't seem to like it, but would drink the same milk from a bottle. We met his new teacher on Friday and she says that once he moves up to the other class and sees his friends using a sippy cup, that he will probably do it soon.

We took some pictures in his cute overalls before we went shoe shopping. Somehow we managed not to get a picture of him in his navy shoes. The brown ones don't look that cute with this outfit, but keep in mind, they are primarily for daycare.





No comments:

Post a Comment