Since Graham was sleeping peacefully, we decided to go for a drive. We drove to Blairsville. The old court house is pretty but we didn't see much else and avoided the sorgum festival crowd. I then realized I had a driving tour printed off of the Blue Ridge website with me in the car. All I have to say is, we were not impressed. I told Brian that I think it is because we grew up in the country and we've seen prettier things in Blount County, AL. (I'm telling you, if Blount County hired Blue Ridge's marketing group, they could pull this off.) After that drive, we went back downtown and ate at one of the finer dining establishments, Harvest on Main. I decided to take their kids menu as an invitation for children and babies. There were several other small children there and while we did not have to wait on a table, we did have to wait on a high chair. The food was excellent! (finally, the kind of food we like to try on vacation). We took a nap at the cabin and went on another uneventful drive to McCaysville. Then we settled in for a relaxing night in the cabin.
The next day it was time to come home. We got back to Birmingham around 2 pm and watched the movie Cars on the Disney channel. Graham lost interest quickly but Mommy and Daddy enjoyed it. That brings us to the end of the vacation. The biggest lesson learned on the trip: Don't believe everything you read on a website! ;) Even though it wasn't everything we hoped for, we still enjoyed our time together as a family and making memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment